Tuesday, January 26, 2010

First Annual Refuge Winter Ball

IMG_2352_filtered

Simply Dawn was super kind and invited me to the Water’s Church Refuge Ball on Sunday, January 24th. It was a lovely presentation of tables that the ladies had decorated. They were absolutely amazing and Dawn’s was one of the most amazing with her gorgeous china that she inherited from her grandma! Really, just so amazing!

We found my name on the table cards that officially led me to Dawn’s table…although I had come a little earlier and taken pictures of all the other beautiful tables that were there. IMG_2365_filtered

While we were visiting and early into our meal they had the band, Manifest, playing jazz music. I really enjoyed it and got a kick out of hearing them play…it has been a long time and they aren’t playing like they used to! Mr. Grothe on the drums used to be one of Minsan’s students, :)!

IMG_2376_filtered IMG_2383_filtered

Doesn’t the salad look lovely on the plates?

IMG_2385_filtered

The meal was very good too with chicken, green beans and potatoes. The dessert were these adorable cookies that they had written with Refuge and they were individually wrapped. I didn’t enjoy them, but my hubby did :)!

IMG_2392_filtered

The final part of the evening was Corrinne Wood sharing her amazing testimony of her coming to the Lord and her current walk with him. It was very good!

IMG_2397_filteredAfter some additional visiting, we all parted ways and headed for home. A great night had by all :)!

IMG_2310 copy_filtered

Now for the sake of beauty, here are a number of photos of the other tables that were there. BEAUTIFUL!

IMG_2347_filtered IMG_2350_filtered IMG_2354_filteredIMG_2314 copy_filteredIMG_2303_edited-1_filtered IMG_2305_filtered IMG_2312_filtered  IMG_2315_filtered IMG_2322_filtered IMG_2323 copy_filtered IMG_2327_filtered IMG_2331_filtered IMG_2339 copy_filtered IMG_2341 copy_filtered IMG_2344_filtered IMG_2346_filtered

Pretty lovely wasn’t it. I have to tell you that I think women, when given the chance, rise up and are the most creative, lovely creatures ever! These tables were the bomb!!! I also realize that it would be fun to have some different plates to take pictures of food with. I noticed that Mary at Owlhaven purchases single sets to do do just that. After looking at all these tables, I think it might just be a great idea!

1 comment: