Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A little questionnaire about me… (Q is for Questionnaire…can I use this ladies?)

For our Camera Club that I have been attending for the past 6 months or so they have each of the members (that are willing, they can’t make us after all..personally, I just wanted to get it over with so I wouldn’t have to live in the dread of doing it…really, I hate getting in front of people that bad!) take turns each month sharing a bit about themselves. They gave us a suggested guideline, which I need since I HATE speaking in front of people.  To help me get through it, I typed up all my answers before the meeting last week so I could read it word for word if I needed to. I any case, I figured I should post my bit out here for the sake of remembering what got me started and what I love about photography at this current juncture in my life :)!

For reference sake…it wasn’t as terrible as I thought it would be, I wasn’t comfortable, but it was okay since I was sharing about something I do love after all :)!

 

1. Who am I? I am a stay at home, homeschooling mom who loves to take pictures and blog. It has brought new life to me since this wasn’t something I had ever dreamed or planned to do. It took me by surprise to be honest.

IMG_2866 copy

2. How I got involved in photography and what keeps me involved? At a family reunion in August of 2007 my husband’s uncle let me take pictures with his spare Canon Rebel.

IMG_7046

I realized then that I had a knack for it and was able to get the shots that I had hoped for. Another friend loaned me his spare Canon Rebel for 3 weeks that fall and it allowed me to have a great time and long to get a camera of my own.

IMG_7164

I continued to take pictures with my point and shoot, but the photographs I wanted to get were not happening with my point and shoot. Finally in April 2008 I was given the gift of a new Canon Rebel xTi. It was a great day!!! To keep involved I take pictures every day and share them out on my blogs. This past year I joined the Camera Club to keep the process of learning and sharing up.

IMG_3436 copy

3. How many photos do you take? From April 2008 to June 2009 I took 10,000 pictures. From June to November 2009 I took another 10,000. Needless to say, I take a lot of pictures and love every moment of it.

IMG_5630

4. Favorite subjects, locations, concepts, style: I have yet to narrow down my favorites. I have been faithfully taking pictures of just about anything I can.

IMG_6018

Put me in any space and I will find something to take a picture of. Anything from landscapes, my family, my friends, events, close ups, portraits, abstracts, food, etc. I am game to take pictures of anything.

IMG_8004 edited drums

5. My equipment/tools (bring your kit?): I use a Canon Rebel xTi. I have three lenses: the 18-55 mm kit lens, a 75-300 mm zoom lens and a 50 mm 1:8 lens. I also have a Hoya close up kit. I use the kit lens outside all the time and have been able to get lots of use from it.

IMG_0866

The 50 mm lens is exclusively on my camera for ALL inside shots. The light it pulls in is invaluable. I am so happy with it. I use my 75-300 mm lens sparingly. The lens I want to add to the collection is a wide angle lens. One of the Tamron Wide Angle lens we looked at last month would be just fine with me.

IMG_9119

6. What do you do with your work? I share it on my blogs mostly. I have one that is all about my family and another one that is more bent on my photography.

IMG_8107 copy_filtered

I share here of course. I have been paid to do some graduation shots for family, a pregnancy photo shoot and some simple portraits, but for the most part I am an amateur and just want to take pictures for the sheer joy of it.

IMG_1012 copy

7. Tell us/show about your best/favorite shots 5-10 images.

IMG_5011IMG_6794 outdoors editedIMG_4894 vivid copyIMG_8033edited IMG_7397_edited-1 IMG_3259 IMG_5050 IMG_6140 IMG_5116 copy

Above and throughout this post are some of my favorites, but not all…I have so many that I have enjoyed along the way. I have more posted out in the galleries on the Camera Club site too.

IMG_0114

8. Tell us about any special photography experiences / secrets / moments / methods. I loved the St. Cloud Photowalk and enjoyed the Windy Hills Junkyard. I love taking pictures of events and capturing candid moments.

IMG_5604 Lahaina

For example a few people have asked me to take pictures at baby showers so that others can just sit back and relax. Of course my favorite activity is taking pictures of my family.

IMG_9222 flower - Copy

9. What else? Share anything else about you and photography! I love how it has brought people together that I know. I enjoy blessing people with less expensive options for photos of their families too.

IMG_9409 color filtered

I enjoy checking out other peoples sites online and getting ideas too. I started taking RAW photos exclusively this summer and have no interest in turning back. I also love using Photoshop Elements to do my editing and like to play around with different editing styles. I still have tons to learn, but have a lot of fun experimenting.

 

THE END :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment