Friday, October 2, 2009

Just messing around with my RAW settings!

I had taken this pictures in Hawaii last spring. It was just around the time that I was contemplating using RAW, but I hadn’t fully committed. Because of that I only used my RAW settings for some of my pictures and the switched back to JPG for the remainder of the trip. The below pictures is the SOOC shot.

IMG_4971



It just isn’t a big deal, but after I got home and started to play with the pictures, I realized that I had the most fun with my RAW pictures. I realized how much more I could do with them to increase the already beautiful colors into something even better. The one below this is my edited one that I increased the black a little that was about it. Although I didn’t change much, it felt like I had a totally different picture on my hand!

IMG_4971 edited from raw


Now this one below is just me playing around with the Digital Photo Professional software that came with my camera. I just played around with the individual colors and such. Not sure whether I prefer the second one to this one, but it was fun to see all the different ways that one little picture can look like with just a few settings adjusted.

IMG_4971 beach


What I really want to say though is that you shouldn’t be afraid to play a little and see what kind of masterpiece you can come up with. Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment