Friday, October 9, 2009

Food Photography

I haven’t had a chance to share many food photos out here yet, but I can tell you that it is indeed some of my favorite photography. The goal when getting my 50 mm lens was my hope of getting better inside shots so I wouldn’t have to use the flash on my camera.

What I learned is that in taking pictures with my regular kit lens it wasn’t able to pull in enough light on its own and it needed the flash to pull off a non blurry shot. (food, people, anything inside a building)

This is a picture attempt with no flash, yeah just didn’t work! IMG_3281

Here would be my attempts at taking the picture with the flash. I was happy with the composition, but was always disappointed by the flatness caused by the flash:IMG_3276

For a great food shot like the one below you can do it with a lens like the 50 mm one that I have. It has worked so great to take pictures that I can be proud of. Imagine that this picture was taken in a pretty dark pub and that we didn’t even have a light near us…you wouldn’t know it would you? Yeah, that lens is amazing and has suited my needs so well!

IMG_4479 copy_filtered

In case you want to know where I first heard about the 50 mm lens head here. I was so excited that it was such a great lens and also that it was an inexpensive lens. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment