Monday, May 17, 2010

Camera Bag

I have been kinda keeping my eye out for a different camera bag for a while now. I am not prepared to buy one just yet (darn that they are expensive!), but I need to know what I want so I know how much money to save up. What I need is something to replace what I am currently carrying around which is a bag that doesn’t have a shoulder strap. It just doesn’t work for those moments when you have to have your hands free. I also feel very lopsided. In that bag though I have my camera in it’s own bag, my purse and Will’s allergy/asthma bag that goes with us where ever he is which is usually with us.

I found the bag I currently have at a garage sale for 50 cents. Not bad for a basic black bag with yummy teal fabric on the inside. It also holds EVERYTHING since it is probably used as a diaper bag. I love that I can grab my camera bag out of it and take it where I need to go if I am not in need of everything. Same for my purse and/or Will’s bag. It has been nice that for the most part I just grab the one bag and go.

Although, I was thinking that it would be really nice to have a shoulder strap and a bag that could be the all in one purpose. One that could potentially have spots for the camera, purse stuffs and then Will’s stuff too all in one. It seems to be that for the most part all three things go with me anyway. I rarely, very rarely leave my camera behind…don’t want to miss an opportunity if it should arise :)!

Anyway, camera bags like this at the store or even online for the size I need are upwards of $200.00. Can we say OUCH!!! I have been eyeing up these ones on Etsy, but couldn’t be sure that it was exactly what I was looking for. I think this one though (I am not set on the fabric..just the function) might just be the ticket. They are half the price than at a regular store  (albeit more than I really want to spend on this…remember my 50 cent purchase on my previous bag, LOL) so that is a benefit.

What are your thoughts, what bag do you use?

1 comment:

  1. I had thought of going with Epiphanie, but I don't think I can wait that long. I like the black and white bag, as it has sooooo much room and I like that you can cinch it top and bottom. OK, so maybe you ahve me sold on these now!

    ReplyDelete