Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Anyone Else do this?

You know, enter your photos into contests? Well, I haven’t won yet, but I keep entering. Somehow it makes the challenge that much more fun! My current entries are one for Tamron, one for iheartfaces and one on Pioneer Woman’s site.

For Tamron’ Backyard Wildlife contest I entered this one (which ends tomorrow, so you still have a chance to enter!). Baby Bird in my Raspberry Bushes Here are the notes that they ask for in the entry:

File Title: Baby Bird in my Raspberry Bushes

This picture was taken in my backyard in my raspberry bushes in the early part of the morning. The mother bird was bold to put in a nest in my bushes, but has managed to successfully hatch her little eggs into these adorable babies. Which is quite the feat with all the nasty storms we have had this month. I used my Canon Rebel xTi with the Tamron 18-270 zoom lens standing nearby the nest with the zoom all the way out.

Details from the shot: F-Stop f/6.3, exposure time 1/25 sec., ISO 400, and 270mm focal length.

Pioneer Woman is currently doing an America photo assignment. My current picture I uploaded was my favorite from the other day. Doesn’t ice cream and smiles say America to you without the obvious red, white and blue symbolism?IMG_5592 bw Of course the one for iheartfaces is the eyes one. Man, I would love it if this lovely pic of Addie would win. It is sooooo my favorite.IMG_6954 I heart faces. tamron Anyway, if you are bored at all and wanted to vote for someone else that I know that has a pic in a contest then head on over to this site and vote for Cheryl’s horse pic. You can vote each day if you like. Once you log in once it remembers you…well at least it has been for me so far :)!

1 comment:

  1. thanks Miss April, and as you know, yes I do this to. I entered my DC squirrel into the tamron backyard contest. Wouldn't that be sweet?!! I hope you win!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete