Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Still in pursuit of spring!

I was outside cleaning out my flower beds and finding the little signs of spring popping out of the ground. It puts such a smile on my face to see to see the fresh plants growing! I have always loved Hostas too and was excited to see them growing up. We haven't had much rain here in my town (once in the past 2 weeks) so the grass is just now starting to green up.
I think another wonderful thing about plants and trees are that not all things are indeed created equal. I have a number of shrubs that have red or burgundy colored leaves (my maple tree and ninebark shrub are included with this). It is so wonderful to have many different colors to appreciate outside! This one above is the new buds for my Flowering Crab Tree. I can't wait until she is in full bloom within the next few weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment