Friday, January 18, 2013

Creating Personal Presets

Since using Lightroom to process to my pictures I have found while some basic editing is adequate, using a preset can sometimes be more efficient. I have also started to realize that there are some distinct styles that make me smile while editing. So I have been more persistent in creating presets that work with my processing flow and give the look I want. Without further ado, here are some samples of my favorite presets and the titles I have assigned to them. Maybe someday I can give them figure out a convenient way to share them with others. There is a lot more that goes into processing pics, but these are great starting grounds for some shots.

Salon Preset

Before:

IMG_4167-4

After:

IMG_4167-2

April’s Holga Preset

Before:

IMG_8343-2

After:

IMG_8343 

Tish Wedding Preset

Before:

  IMG_5052-5

After:

IMG_5052-3

Aqua Preset

Before:

IMG_7872 

After:

IMG_7872

70’s Preset

Before:

IMG_8462-2

After:

IMG_8462

Now, let me know what you think. Did you like the SOOC shots better, or do you like the enhanced look with the preset?

What I really want to master though is creating a preset that can look like this newspaper styled edit. So far I have only been able to achieve it with actions in PSE. What I wouldn’t do to have it simple here in Lightroom. Sigh.

IMG_8529

No comments:

Post a Comment