Friday, October 19, 2012

My Bridge Renewed


I have always loved posting pics from the Cold Spring bridge over the Sauk River. It has been a favorite place to grab shots of at all times of the day and season for me. When I realized that they pulling up the tracks and were putting in the walking path, I was saddened. Not because of the good it will do for the community, but more so for the history that was changing when it was turned into what is now below. I arrived at the path yesterday as the tar was just freshly laid. I could feel the warmth rising from the surface. It was actually pretty amazing to be there as it was officially getting completed and ready to take on a new job. So here it is as a brand new path and safe railings, ready for the community to use again.






1 comment:

  1. Great Photo. It makes me very sad so see it change. As a child, I spent many hours on that old bridge (and under that old bridge). Thank you for the photo. It brought me back to my childhood for just a moment.

    ReplyDelete